Search This Blog

Mar 15, 2021

Morsel Monday: How To Fly

 Hello my dears! This Morsel Monday is a little bit different. I was inspired awhile ago by the word Resist to write a poem that didn't exactly fit in one tweet.

Please enjoy!

*****

How To Fly

For so long 
I've been trapped
By her words and
Her manipulations
Chained to my 
Frayed self confidence and
Destroyed self respect
With no true sense of self

For too long
I have #resisted the
New life you offered
I clung desperately to
My doubt and my pain
With a death grip
Even though I knew
It would be 
The death of me

I'm finally letting go
No more shall I carry 
The weight of anger
Nor the poison of hatred

I’m finally letting go
To be caught by the updraft
Of your love and laughter

Please
Forgive me for
Waiting so long

Please
Heal me and 
Help me relearn
How to
Fly

2 comments:

  1. Really good poem, Fel. Getting that agony of being trapped in a relationship that is so wrong and yet so difficult to leave ... no matter how good and obviously better the alternative is. Moment of risk bring a new life of freedom. Very cool. Minor edit point ... did you mean for this line to be "I'm finally letting, To be caught by ..."? Seems like 'willing' or 'letting go', but hey, I'm not the poet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly! It's based off of all the hang-ups I still have from my step mom, and everything my partner has been doing to help me get over them.

      Oops! That was from debating between two different ways of approaching that verse. I'll fix it now, thank you!

      Delete

Professional and Personal Updates - June

 I know this is a long time coming, so thank you everyone for all your patience. Professional updates will be up top while Personal Updates ...