Search This Blog

Nov 5, 2020

Terms of Service

In this document any instance of I or Me refers to Felicia Skye. 
You refers to the commissioner of the piece.

By commissioning me, you agree to ALL the following terms:

1. All commissions are typed Times New Roman size 12 font single space unless otherwise requested. Please keep this in mind if buying a commission by the page.

2. All commissions will be in GoogleDocs. You will be messaged or emailed the link. A request can be made for the commission to be saved in a specific format or copied directly into the body of an email or message.

3. I reserve the right to post commissions where I see fit with credit where credit is due. Names can be changed upon request. A small fee can be discussed ahead of time to keep the commission private.

4. Full payment is expected up front unless discussed ahead of time. Paypal only please, preferably through Ko-fi (https://ko-fi.com/feliciaskye).

5. Up to two reworked drafts can be requested for major edits. 

Major edits include but are not restricted to entire paragraphs rewritten, added, or removed; entire scenes reworked, added, or removed; entire characters reworked, added, or removed; settings completely reworked; etc. If enough is being added to significantly change the length of the story, a small fee might be added better reflect the over-all length of the story. 

Small edits such as a character's name or hair color or the likes are not considered major edits. Multiple major edits can be requested after each draft.

6. If by the third draft You are still unhappy, half of Your money is refunded. If it's a story I am pleased with, enough changes will be made to characters and such that they will no longer be Yours (ie, I won't just change the hair color and name to claim the character is mine.) unless discussed ahead of time. Otherwise the story will simply be trashed.

Please note, in the 5+ years I have accepted commissions, I have never had to do two rewrites for anyone, so I feel confident this won't have to be addressed often, if at all.

7. You welcome to share the stories commissioned from me or received as a freebie from me anywhere, as long as You aren't receiving any money for it and You give credit where credit is due. The latter includes other people's characters that are involved as well as the author of the story (Felicia Skye).

I would also like to be notified where the story is being posted, but this is not a requirement. It's just fun to see things like that get around.

8. When receiving a freebie from me:
A) I have the right to take what freedoms I may with Your character(s) as long as they remain within the restrictions already discussed (including but not limited to theme, rating, and hard limits You list when initially requesting the freebie). This might mean You get a story as short as ten words or as long as 3000, unless a minimum word count has been advertised and/or agreed upon, with any characters I see fit to include.

B) You have the right to request any small edits that might be needed, including but not limited to a different hair color, a different name, and so forth. You will need to commission me if they want to have any major edits completed.

9. When receiving a piece of written work from me for commercial use:
A) I retain all rights to any commissioned piece. Special exceptions may be agreed upon via a signed contract detailing the rights that are being transferred prior to commissioning.

B) I will not post any piece to anyone other than to you, the commissioner, until after a minimum of 90 days have passed unless agreements are made ahead of time for longer or shorter periods of time. Any commissioned work posted to the public must credit me as the original author.

C) Commercial work has an added fee in the form of either a flat rate or a percentage of royalties, both are to be discussed and agreed upon before the release of any works. In the case of royalties a contract shall be written and signed by both parties as a part of this process.

D) It is the duty of the commissioner to inform me of any intended or actual commercial use. In the event of commercial use after the original commission date, section 9B is to be followed. Failure to do so acknowledges that, as the retainer of the rights to the piece, I may have the piece removed from any medium in circulation or display at any time. In the event of legal fees or fines, these are the expense of the commissioner for failure to follow their assigned duty under section 9B.

10. I retain the rights to any stories, poems, or writings of any other sort that I create, be they commissions, freebies, gifts, personal, or otherwise, as well as to any material of my own creation that is used in any of above mentioned forms of writings, including but not restricted to characters, settings, societies, nations, worlds, cities, and plots. This will only differ in any way, shape, or form if BOTH parties involved agree to the differences beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Professional and Personal Updates - June

 I know this is a long time coming, so thank you everyone for all your patience. Professional updates will be up top while Personal Updates ...