Search This Blog

Dec 4, 2020

Grab Bag Friday - Kofi and Important Question

This is a very different Grab Bag Friday than I initially had planned for them, but then again, I had planned for this day to be for random things, so it still works out!

For those who don't know yet, I have a new Kofi account! You can find it here and leave me a tip for some tea!

Here's where I need your help, though.

To subscribe to Kofi, it costs $54/year. This will allow for things like monthly memberships for those who are interested enough, commissions sold through Kofi without the 5% fee, and content released just for my supporters.

If I were to go this route, would anyone actually be interested in becoming a monthly supporter with the promise of special benefits?

A few ideas I have are content seen nowhere else such as particularly dark and twisted stories, early grabs for special sales, the occasional raffle for a free short story, and maybe the occasional event when I somehow muster the courage to stream while I write (horribly daring, I know). There will also be things to vote on such as what type of commission to offer or what to write about next, and call-outs to test new commission types at a steep discount. There could potentially be a few other treats, depending on how my workload is. All this will be on a semi-regular basis, as well.

I may or may not be migrating my ideas over from Patreon tiers. I hear Kofi is kinder to NSFW text material though.

This wouldn't detract from the content you will be able to find on here or on Twitter. There are honestly things I would never post on here for the world to see, but some things I'd be willing to share with a supporter or monthly subscriber. I'll also still be advertising sales on here (just released a few days after Kofi supporters), and you can still commission me via email. The streams I wouldn't do otherwise, and I usually bug my really close friends to use as guinea pigs for new commission types, so this would open it up for those who might be more interested.

I know these are difficult times, so I'm going to do my best to keep things as accessible as possible. I would just need one person to tip me $5 a month or even two people to tip me $3 a month to cover the cost of the subscription. Of course, the bigger the tip, the more you'll see, but you'll still get to enjoy some fun stuff. So if you're honestly interested, please let me know? I'm going to tie this to a tweet with a poll running, so feel free to let me know through that, as well.

I sincerely hope this doesn't come off as begging for money. I just want to get a feel for if the subscription will be worth it 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Professional and Personal Updates - June

 I know this is a long time coming, so thank you everyone for all your patience. Professional updates will be up top while Personal Updates ...